The Year of Dance Music?
Evidently, it isn’t just a great week for electronic/dance music– nor is the enthusiasm limited to The Hurst Review. According to MetaCritic, a site that compiles reviews from around the Web and even in print, the two highest-rated, best-reviewed albums of 2008 are The Bug’s London Zoo and Steinski’s Retrospective.
And who am I to argue?
Hot on the Box
Lists & Features
- Favorite Records of 2012 (So Far)
- Esperanza Spalding: “Radio Music Society”
- Chuck Mead: “Back at the Quonset Hut”
- Justin Townes Earle: “Nothing’s Gonna Change the Way You Feel About Me Now”
- Vijay Iyer Trio: “Accelerando”
- Bruce Springsteen: “Wrecking Ball”
- Film Break: “John Carter”
- More on Carolina Chocolate Drops
- Lyle Lovett: “Release Me”
- Anais Mitchell: “Young Man in America”
- RT @TylerHuckabee: Giant Confederate memorial to be removed from White House grounds. https://t.co/aS7btTMNRp 1 day ago
- RT @Slant_Magazine: #ShelbyLynne and @AllisonMoorer's iconoclastic #NotDarkYet is out today! Josh Hurst reviews: slantmagazine.com/music/review/s… #N… 1 day ago
- RT @DavidDark: The denunciation of hatred is the easiest & most meaningless denunciation I can imagine. 1 day ago
- RT @fivefifths: Been trying to write a "black people told you" piece but honestly that's all I have written down because it's the entire ar… 1 day ago
- Man this Filthy Friends LP scratches the itch for hooks, ringing guitars, jangle, and Corin Tucker. Really fine. 1 day ago