The Year of Dance Music?
Evidently, it isn’t just a great week for electronic/dance music– nor is the enthusiasm limited to The Hurst Review. According to MetaCritic, a site that compiles reviews from around the Web and even in print, the two highest-rated, best-reviewed albums of 2008 are The Bug’s London Zoo and Steinski’s Retrospective.
And who am I to argue?
Hot on the Box
Lists & Features
- Favorite Records of 2012 (So Far)
- Esperanza Spalding: “Radio Music Society”
- Chuck Mead: “Back at the Quonset Hut”
- Justin Townes Earle: “Nothing’s Gonna Change the Way You Feel About Me Now”
- Vijay Iyer Trio: “Accelerando”
- Bruce Springsteen: “Wrecking Ball”
- Film Break: “John Carter”
- More on Carolina Chocolate Drops
- Lyle Lovett: “Release Me”
- Anais Mitchell: “Young Man in America”
- RT @HillaryClinton: .@BarackObama is right. This is a critical moment about choosing people over politics. Speak out against this bill. htt… 1 day ago
- RT @samcmac: Pledge what you can if you'd like me to keep writing. & if you'd like all @Slant_Magazine's writers to keep writing. https://t… 1 day ago
- RT @HillaryClinton: If you're waiting for the right moment to call your Senator about Trumpcare, the moment is now. Don't wait until it's t… 2 days ago
- RT @mattyglesias: Core principle of the Republican Party: Life begins at conception and ends at birth. twitter.com/taradmcguinnes… 2 days ago
- RT @rxgau: Anybody who hasn't seen this ironworker turned Paul Ryan challenger's ad, WATCH IT RIGHT NOW. It's a masterpiece. https://t.co/I… 3 days ago